WUKA Menstrual Pant - Heavy Flow
Have a sustainable period with the WUKA menstrual pant. This pant has a heavy flow absorption capacity, being perfect for the beginning of your period. Made from BCI cotton, it will prevent you from using more than 200 disposable pads, while looking just like a cool pant.
- Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) absorbing layer and outer textile of the pant.
- Natural rubber bands in the adjusted areas.
- Polyurethane impermeable layer below the BCI cotton absorbing layer.
- Compostable bag covering the pant.
- Cardboard envelope wrapping the bag, held with a small paper sticker.
HOW TO USE
- Wear it and forget to put a tampon or a pad. You can directly bleed onto the pant and it won't leak to your clothes.
- You can wear it up to 8 hours, but you know your flow best.
- Its absorption capacity is of around 3-4 tampons flow.
- It is washing machine safe, although we recommend to rinse it after using it and throwing it into the washing machine.
- Wash it with dark clothes, at 40ºC and without fabric conditioner.
- It is not recommended to put it in the tumble drying, as it can make the underwear less absorbent over time and result in a much shorter life span of it.
- It can be used for many purposes from periods to postpartum discharge, endometriosis flow and bladder leaks.
- It is advisable to change and wash your underwear if you start smelling blood.
- If you leave the underwear soaking for more than a few hours, it can end up smelling mildewy and musty.
- To remove any smell from your period pants, dilute some white vinegar in a thin layer of water 1:3 (just enough to cover your underwear) and soak your underwear for 20 minutes. You can then place it in the wash and add some more vinegar to the wash load 1:5. You can also use few drops of essential oil of your choice in your wash load to further combat this.
Vegan and reusable alternative to disposable tampons and pads.
WUKA is a British brand born in 2017 with the mission to ensure that a sustainable lifestyle is accessible to all, by providing fair trade and fair price menstrual care underwear. Aligned to this clear mission, WUKA works in the most sustainable way, being totally carbon neutral as a company, vegan approved by The Vegan Society and PETA approved as cruelty free. In addition to this, this company only works with BCI and GOTS certified cottons, as well as other materials that come either from recycled plastics or wood pulps. WUKA also gives back, by donating 1% of their sales to Surfers Against Sewage, a marine conservation charity that empowers communities to take action to protect the ocean, beaches and wildlife.
- The compostable bag should be thrown into the industrial composting brown bin.
- The paper envelope should be recycled in the blue container.
- The WUKA period pants tend to last about 2 years. Since it has a combination of different materials difficult to separate, WUKA pants should be taken to your local recycling facilities.